The Water Projects Corrdinator will make students aware of the current water use and availability issues facing our society. They will work in partner with Hydrophiles and Fresh from the Faucet to help students learn about how sustainable water systems can function at OSU and beyond.
- Create tangible, quantifiable, and lasting impacts that further sustainability at OSU and benefit the SSI
- Plan and execute sustainability-related projects and events
- Recruit, coordinate, and supervise volunteers and interns
- Hold regular office hours at the SSC
- Attend staff meetings
- Meet individually with Director bi-weekly
- Work with the SSI Marketing Team to promote projects
- Link individuals and organizations to sustainability-related resources and opportunities to help them pursue their own projects
- Complete planning, evaluation and assessment forms
- Write blog posts for Ecologue
- Connect and actively collaborate with student groups and other partner organizations
- Serve on other SSI event planning committees
- Maintain/improve SSI operations
- An understanding of and passion for sustainability
- Problem solving skills
- Experience working with diverse groups of people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Experience working with volunteers or interns
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan and execute projects, events, or campaigns
- Knowledge and experience with position-specific area of sustainability
- Awareness of, and connections to, campus and community sustainability groups
- Demonstrated inclination to take initiative
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- An awareness of and/or connection to campus and community groups
- Awareness of diverse approaches to creating cultures of sustainability
Employment Dates and Hours:
Staff transition training will begin May 5th, 2014 and run approximately 10 hours during the spring term. Summer hours may be available. All-staff training is required and runs September 10th-26th, 2014. The Administrative Coordinator works from 15-20 hours per week during the academic year.
Pay rate will start at $9.60 per hour.
Terms and Conditions:
Applicants must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher, be enrolled in at least 6 credits at OSU during the employment period, and must not be on academic probation. OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who share our vision of an inclusive community.
Please send a resume and cover letter as a single PDF titled SSI application [your last name] to Olivia Poblacion, SSI Director at SSI.email@example.com. Your cover letter should state which Project Coordinator position you are applying for and detail your relevant experience.